Working Smarter® Seminar - Semiconductor
Thursday, November 14, 2019
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: 810 Kifer Road, Sunnyvale, CA
Cost: $300 per person, discounts available for groups from same company. Fees include course materials, guided lab tour, meals (continental breakfast, lunch & afternoon snacks) and Certificate of Completion.
The Working Smarter seminar reviews many surface, bulk, and microanalytical techniques used in high technology industries. This course has been designed to provide engineers and scientists with the information needed to effectively apply sophisticated surface analytical tools and techniques in materials research, process development, failure analysis, and production quality control applications. Attendees will increase their knowledge of analytical methods and their understanding of how these techniques can then be applied most effectively to different technologies, problem solving, or research situations.
The Working Smarter series has been running for over 20 years, and is the leading tutorial seminar on surface and micro-analytical techniques.
Who Should Attend?
Engineers, scientists, technicians, lab managers, production and R&D personnel will increase their knowledge of analytical methods and their understanding of how these techniques can be applied most effectively to different technologies, problem solving, or research situations.
This course will benefit anyone facing materials or materials processing related problems that could be addressed by surface analysis, microanalysis or other materials characterization methods. The experienced professional will gain a new breadth of knowledge in techniques complementary to their core skills, while individuals new to the field will come away with a good overview of the range and application of many powerful techniques.
What You Will Learn:
- The best techniques and instrumentation for surface, bulk, and thin film characterization of semiconductor and other materials.
- The techniques that are best used in different applications and circumstances.
- The basic fundamentals of each technique (i.e. how do they work?)
*Note that the operation of specific instruments is not discussed.
- How to better understand the data in order to get the most information from your analysis.
- Strengths and limitations of each technique and how complementary techniques can help improve your analysis.
Why Take This Seminar?
With the knowledge gained from this seminar, participants will be able to make more informed decisions and choices about which technique to use, thereby improving efficiency and reducing the potential cost of analytical services. EAG will always be available to help you with different analytical approaches.
The Semiconductor version of the Working Smarter Seminar is an introduction to surface and microanalytical tools specifically tailored to semiconductor materials. Techniques covered in the training include:
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)
- Optical Profilometry (OP)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy (EDS)
- Focused Ion Beam Imaging (FIB)
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- Scanning TEM (STEM)
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES)
Surface Organic Techniques
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS)
- Time-of-Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (TOF-SIMS)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Raman Spectroscopy
Thin Film Techniques
- Accelerator Techniques: RBS, HFS, NRA
- X-ray Reflectivity (XRR)
- X-ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- X-ray Diffraction (XRD)
- Electron Backscatter Diffraction (EBSD)
Fundamentals and Applications of SIMS
- Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS)
Surface and Trace Metal Analysis Techniques (Bonus Section included in course materials)
- Vapor Phase Decomposition (VPD)
- Total Reflection X-ray Fluorescence (TXRF)
- TOF-SIMS for Surface Metals